Wednesday, March 28, 2007

March 28th, 2007

My seedlings just before re-potting a couple weeks ago:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My seedlings this morning:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The little buggers on the right are all tomato vines, and they seem to have somewhat stopped growing, or they are going really, really slow. But, as they haven't shriveled up yet, I'm going to keep them around to see what happens.

The squash seeds are growing like crazy and I had to repot them because the roots were coming out of the bottoms of the little peat pots. I had intended to only grow one zucchini and two bush squash, so I gave one of each plant to my mom, along with one of Gayle's pumpkins (only wanted one of those, and we had 4 going well) So at the very least I'll have squash that I grew from seed this year. I'm hesitant to rely on my tomato seeds as the only source for plantlife in the garden mainly because they look so wee and plants at the store are so much larger. I'll keep them going, but I may have to buy tomato plants once I get the garden in place (which will be April this year, instead of May. I'm determined I tell you!)

1 comment:

smileymamaT said...

Wow. I'm nervous to start seeds as it is hard to say when I can start a garden, being in Eastern Canada. I did once and they all died, but I think it was because of where they were. This time I'll keep them on the floor, in a closed room (no pets allowed) next to a sliding door. Maybe they'll make it. Might as well try!
T